Make a Change. Make a Difference. Make it your Career.
Skagit 911 is an Emergency Communications Center in Mount Vernon, WA that supports an ever-growing population in need of both emergency and non-emergency services. When someone in Skagit County dials 9-1-1, they reach highly-trained individuals who take all of the important information and advise the appropriate Law, Fire, or Emergency Medical Services departments. Additionally, Skagit 911 provides radio dispatching for all Law Enforcement Agencies, all Fire Departments, all Emergency Medical Services in Skagit County, and even for North Cascades National Parks Service.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals who have a team-first mindset to join our family of dispatchers.
HIRING MULTIPLE POSITIONS.
NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. You bring your passion and work ethic; we provide the rest.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Pay starting at $23/hr (including training)
- Comprehensive Retirement package
- Generous Paid Time Off programs*
- Medical & Dental coverage for you and your family*
- Employer-contributed Health Reimbursement Account*
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability coverage*
- Weekend protections
- Structured wage increases
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- A supportive team to guide you from day 1
- Dedicated leadership that takes the time to understand you and develop you based on your own goals
- The ability to make a living serving your community in one of the most critical ways possible!
*Available after training. Medical coverage for self-only available during training.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- An open-mind, patience, & willingness to learn
- An unshakeable work ethic & desire to constantly improve
- An ability to both learn & grow from mistakes, and to help others do the same
- An ability to remain objective, tactful, and situationally-aware even during moments of high-stress and intensity
- Able to prioritize effectively and work on several different tasks simultaneously
- "Customer-Service" mindset regarding all Skagit 911 Stakeholders, including callers, employees, and outside agencies
- Able to confidently make quick and accurate decisions in stressful situations
- A desire to be a part of something that is bigger than yourself - and will have a lasting impact in the lives of many
WHAT YOU'LL ACTUALLY BE DOING (After Training):
- Receive and process both emergency and non-emergency calls from the public.
- Record all pertinent information from caller, including the nature and location of the emergency.
- Utilizing established procedures, dispatch police, fire, and medical units as necessary.
- Maintain status and location of police, fire, and medical units.
- Provide pre-arrival instructions on medical emergency calls.
- Transfer out-of-jurisdiction calls to the appropriate agency.
- Arrange for towing services as well as Public Works emergency services.
- Monitor multiple different radio frequencies and provide information and support according to standard operating guidelines.
- Effectively operate various communications equipment, including radio, phone, and computer systems on a continual basis.
- Utilize both established guidelines and independent judgement during periods of multiple emergencies to determine proper prioritization, response level, and resource allocation.
- Ensure principles and standards of customer service are upheld with interactions regarding the public, emergency units, and associated agencies.
- Utilize effective teamwork in situations of crisis or sudden high-priority emergency.
- Assist Records Technician with incoming information requests as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applying today is the first step toward becoming Skagit County's next 9-1-1 Dispatcher!
If you have any questions, concerns, or are just wanting to learn more about working at Skagit 911, please reach out to:
Steven Hanson, HR Coordinator
Skagit 911 is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes diversity of all kinds. Skagit 911 will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, or selection practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested for Skagit 911's application process for applicants with disabilities by contacting our office by email or phone during normal business hours.
Skagit 911 is a military-friendly employer for which military veterans, reservists, spouses, and dependents are welcome to apply!